Integrated Distribution Planning – Commission Guide
At the request of the MADRI Steering Committee, a team of volunteers has been working for months to draft a guide for utility commissions on integrated distribution planning. The draft is now ready for review by the entire MADRI community of stakeholders at the below links:
The authors welcome your comments, preferably via a marked up copy of the draft, by Monday, May 6, 2019. The document includes some embedded comments highlighting issues where we are especially eager to receive your input, but comments and suggestions on every aspect of the document are welcome.
Your questions and comments should be directed to John Shenot at the Regulatory Assistance Project, who is serving as lead editor of the guide. You can reach John at [email protected] or 802-595-1669. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks, John Shenot and the Drafting Team
MADRI offered a collegial and productive forum for discussing issues during the early days of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) deployment. One notable outcome was the development of a comprehensive AMI Toolbox that broke new ground in educating power sector stakeholders on those issues and developing good regulatory policies.
- MD PSC Inquiry – MADRI Model Small Generator Interconnection Procedures (April 4, 2006)
- Letter from Richard Morgan to Honorable Agnes A. Yates, Public Service Commission of D.C. transmitted with MADRI Small Generator Interconnection Procedures (November 22, 2005)
- MADRI Model Small Generator Interconnection Procedures (November 22, 2005)
- NJBPU Letter Report: NJ Net Metering and Interconnection Standards for Class I Renewable Energy Systems Review and Comparison (November 26, 2005)
- Comparison of NJBPU and MADRI Small Gen Interconnection Requirements
- PA PUC Email – Interconnection Standards (August 29, 2005)
- PA Proposed Interconnection Rule Making (based on MADRI procedures) (November 10, 2005)
DER Policy and Regulation
- DER Policy Statement, June 13, 2006
- Press Release, June 26, 2006
- RAP publication on Designing Tariffs for Distributed Generation Customers (February 2016)
- Revenue Stability Model Rate Rider, May 2006
- An Illustrative Critical Peak Pricing Tariff Model, based on a PSEG pilot program from 2006
Other Historical Resources
- Ohio SB 221
- District of Columbia Smart Metering Fact Sheet (January 2007)
- DC PSC Order 14166 (January 12, 2007) Resources
- Delaware Energy Plan (March 2009)
- Illinois Federal Stimulus Letter (February 2009)
- MD PSC Notice Re: DR/DG Working Group (September 2006) Resources
- MD PSC Order Re: DR/DG Working Group (10/17/2006)
- NJBPU Press Release (10/13/2006)
- NJ Natural Gas Press Release (10/12/2006)
- New Jersey Energy Plan (October 2008)
- Master Plan PA PUC Order 633759 (September 2006)
- South Jersey Gas Press Release (October 2006)
- NJ Energy Master Plan (2008)
More resources are available at the Regulatory Assistance Project website.
For assistance locating historical materials, please contact Dara Torre, MADRI Project Support & Website Administration.